Weekly Money Check-up

7.25.2011


1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on:  My hair!  I went over my Projected Budget by about $80.  YIKES!  It looks awesome though!  The best part is I didn't even have to make sacrifices to "save" money.  I went into the salon and pretty much asked "what can I get for X amount?" and then explained to my stylist about the Spending Fast.  Luckily for me, she just moved to a new salon, and because she is paying less to rent her station, she is charging less!  She also felt inspired by my determination to do the Spending Fast, and flattered that my hair was my one luxury.  I was able to get a full head of highlights with 3 colors for $160+tip {Down from the $220+tip I normally spend!}!  It killed me to go over budget, so I'll just have to sacrifice somewhere else to make up for it.

2. Today I am thankful:  I am thankful that my brothers are my best friends.  Really, where would I be without them?  I love that we can hang out and do nothing, and have the best time doing it.  I also love that they look out for me when it comes to dating, and take a very active role in helping me decide what to wear {a guy's perspective is important}, and are genuinely interested in how the date(s) went. 

3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was:  I went out to Lake Las Vegas this weekend.  It's been there for years, but as a local, I don't really take advantage of the "touristy" things that are available to me.  We ate dinner on a cafe balcony (which I didn't pay for), and after listened to a free live concert for hours, from a dock on the lake.  The night was gorgeous, the lights were beautiful, and the music & company were fabulous!  It was one of the best evenings I've had in a long time.

4. I will consider this week a success if I:  Pay all of my bills by Friday and find a really good hiding place for my debit card!  I need to get rid of it so I stop going over my "necessities budget."

5. A good friend is: hard to find, so I'm so glad when I find a good one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...