Weekly Financial Checkup

7.18.2011


I found this great segment over at My Pretty Pennies, and decided it is a good way to keep my finances in the forefront of my mind.  Hopefully I can try to update every week.

1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on: My Roth 401(k) account.  I opted to have a certain percentage of my paycheck deposited directly into the account, however I was not planning on the raise I got last week.  "Holy Ssshhhhh-ugar!" was my thought as I glanced at my paycheck stub and realized that twice the amount I had budgeted for was contributed to my account.  I'm still not sure if I'll leave it alone, or change it to reflect the original dollar amount I had planned on...  I guess since I'm not spending money this year, I don't really need the extra...

2. Today I am thankful:  for my job!  I know a lot of people out there hate their jobs, but I'm quite pleased with mine.  Especially because of things like retirement benefits, and annual raises as well as bi-annual bonuses. 

3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was:  Had a movie night with my brothers.  We made popcorn and watched Tangled.  It was so nice to just hang out with my best friends!  Plus that movie was HILARIOUS!

4. I will consider this week a success if I:  Prepare my projected budget for August.  I really need to tweak some numbers so that I stay comfortably within the budget.

5. My favorite cuisine to prepare is :  Cereal!  Between my mom, my grandma, and BF (an executive chef), I have zero reasons to cook.  I do enjoy a nice bowl of cereal every night before bed, and I have to say, I make the best bowl of cereal this side of the Mississippi!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...