Weekly Money Check-up 8.15.11

8.15.2011


1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on:  I spent $57 and change on gas!  While riding the bus was a fun experience, I ditched it.  I was still using my car to get everywhere that didn't involve going to and from work.   Again, I live in a part of town where the bus is not a common means of transportation, and there are only a few bus stops in my community.  While the bus was saving me about 50% of my transportation cost budget, planning a four hour trip to the grocery store just wasn't worth it.  Also, now that I have to drive to school three days a week (across town), the trip would take too long on the bus.  Luckily, however, I heard on the news this week that gas prices should go down by $0.50 per gallon in the next few months!

2. Today I am thankful:  for sunshine and warm weather.  I'm sad that it's already starting to fade.

3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was:  I attended another Free Concert in the Park on Friday.  I went with a bunch of friends from church, and we had such a good time!  I love that my community is willing to spend money to give back to us and provide free, family-friendly entertainment.

4. I will consider this week a success if I:  Don't spend any money.  My bills are paid, my gas tank is full, and I have my groceries for the week; so there shouldn't be any reason to spend a single penny.  I also want to work out at least three times this week.

5. If I had today off:  I would be at the lake, or at least a pool playing in the water and working on my tan!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...