Under Budget Vacation

9.08.2011



This past weekend, I was invited to go up to northern Utah.  I was born there, but really haven't ever been back, so while a holiday weekend wasn't in the Spending Fast budget, I decided to treat myself and go anyway.  I've heard that flights can be relatively cheap from Las Vegas to Salt Lake City, so I looked into it.  $235.00 for an hour flight, round trip.  Hmm...

I then went over to Gas Buddy and calculated how much my trip would cost in gas.  $137.00.  It was the responsible thing to do.  I had already decided on a $200.00 budget for the weekend which was to include gas, food, and anything else that might need to be purchased, like souvenirs...

I had an amazing time, and was able to see and do so many fun things.  My "tour guide" was so thoughtful to plan and prepare our every activity, and make sure it was Spend-Fast-friendly.  And the best part is, all in all, I spent $197 and change!  Hooray for staying under budget!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...